Circaian Rhythm and your skin

 


Did you know that our skin cells are engaged in different activities at different times of the day? 

This biological process is known "circadian rhythm" and is based upon photoperiods. Since our cells are more vulnerable at certain times of the day our skincare should ideally complement this rhythm! In the morning I have been enhancing my skin’s natural defenses by using the @luzernlabs 15% Vitamin C Complex under my sunscreen! Thus protecting my skin from free radical damage, and UV Rays! Their Vitamin C Complex is excellent for brightening and firming the skin and contains a host of additional ingredients such as Saccharomyces from copper ferment and H.A which are excellent for improving and maintaining skin health! 

Since cell proliferation occurs at night / early morning when the body is at rest, that’s when I like to use a high quality retinol! I love that Luzern’s Intensive Retinol is both gentle and effective! In addition to containing retinol it also contains bakuchiol, firming caprooyl tetrapeptide-3, vitamin C and Hyaluronic acid, as well as their patented lipid complex, so it doesn't dry out my skin! 

*Of course skincare is very personalized! When selecting these products I considered many factors such as my current skin condition and routine, my life style (limited sun/heat exposure in the winter), medical history and my skin type! 

** USE CODE “bfbeauty15” TO SAVE 15% at Luzern Labs  

Comments

Popular Posts