Does your foundation contain enough Sun Protection?


 My makeup contains spf, isn't that enough sun protection? 

The problem with relying solely on foundation as your primary source of sun protection is everyone applies their makeup differently and unless you're really caking it on, chances are you're not applying enough to truly protect your skin. For best results, I like applying tinted sunscreens such as the Elta MD Tinted UV Clear, or Skinceuticals UV defense spf 50 (universal tint). Most days I find using one of these tinted spf's to be enough coverage. After application, I simply go in with a concealer to cover any remaining minor imperfections. If I need more coverage I find the sunscreen base works beautifully under my foundation. During the day, for touch up's I use the Colorscience Sunforgettable total protection face shield brush on, which is a mineral based powdered sunscreen. I always keep a tube with me in my purse for easy touchups throughout the day! Hope you found these tips helpful! All three products I mentioned are available on the Derm-to-Door website! Use code "BRASFIELD" at check out for a discount! 

Comments

Popular Posts